Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 2

Morning! I had my second breakfast in Brazil, the first one was on the plane. We were told that Brazilians usually had a light breakfast with some fruits and some bread. When I went down to the restaurant, it was true, no ham or bacon. However, I loved that kind of breakfast offering many kinds of fruits, the best part of that was there had my favorite fruit, papaya. I noticed that my American classmates ate little papaya. After talked to them, I noticed that it was some of their first time to eat papaya, so maybe it tasted strange to them.

After breakfast, we had a 3 hours bus trip to our first company visit, Tractebel Energia. We had a presentation first, and we knew that Brazil get electricity mostly from Hydro instead of fossil fuel. It was really good to the environment. Tractebel Energia is the biggest private electrical generating company in Brazil, which owns power plants including hydro, wind generators and thermoelectric. Tractebel Energia supplied nearly 8% of the electrical energy consumed in Brazil, which was really awesome. After the presentation, we visit the control center of the company. It was amazing to see that all of the generators were controlled so well and reflected directly to us by digital data. After visiting to Tractebel Energia, we drove to Rio Grande do Sol, where was much colder than Florianopolis.
Yazheng


No comments:

Post a Comment