Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 3

Since it was so cold in Rio Grande do Sol, most of us gat a bad cold, and even worse, I heard in the breakfast that some of our group members had a cold shower last night. while the weather today was good, although it was still cold. Today we were going to visit the wind farm at Osorio. It was a beautiful place. On our way to the farm, cows on the grassland eating grass that view made me feel happy. After the presentation, I knew that the company operated not only Brazil, but also Spain and Canada. We watched the video sowing us how the windmills were set up, and I was impressed by that part since I am majoring Civil Engineering. We also visited the control center of the farm. When I saw those windmills, I was always thinking of Zhangjiakou, which is a city near Beijing. Because there also has a wind farm in Zhangjiakou. China is now using wind energy to generate electricity as well. After our visit, we had lunch, and it was my first time to try the Brazilian barbecue, which was not bad, especially the pineapple. And then we back to Florianopolis and would stay there for 2 days.
Yazheng


No comments:

Post a Comment