Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 8

Today we visited the University of Parana. We  visited two departments of the university. One is focused on hydraulic research, and the other is focused on biofuels. First, we visited a model of the dam building on the Parana river. It was amazing, by imitating all the structures and terrain, they could analyze how much electricity the dam could generate. I was wondering how they imitated the climate condition, while after asking that, they said they did not consider any environmental impact. Then we visited a group whose focus was generating biodiesel from microalgea. I was not familiar with this part, but one thing was really impressed me, which was that the only emission of the progress of making biodiesel was O2. I thought it was amazing. How could they do that. I thought I would spend more time on this interesting research in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment